Friday, January 22, 2016

Is Time to be Uncomfortable

Its strange advice, but unfortunately I have to say its necessary for your development. A couple months back I looked around me and I noticed things around me were moving yet it seemed I was in the same place, stuck in time doing the same thing over and over. Ironically as I digged around, I realized people that seemed to be moving along, seemed to be having those same feelings.  Don't get me wrong I was not unhappy with my life but the feeling of being stuck was something I couldn't shake off, I knew I could do something else with my life but something seemed to be stopping me. I tried to see what I was missing or what was wrong with my life, but there was nothing that was seriously upsetting my life, at that point I realized I was comfortable. And that in itself was the problem, you see when we become comfortable we stop growing, we stop wanting things, we stop trying to better ourselves, because when we are comfortable we decide that perhaps we don't need anything else other than what we have, we perhaps fall into believing we don't deserve anything more.

When I say its time to be uncomfortable, I mean is time to shake things up in your life. Even without knowing you personally I know there are things in your life that you want to do and try but for some odd reason you don't even try. This odd reason is being uncomfortable, you see as human beings we tend to give up or stop because we are scared that perhaps we are going to fail, or that maybe what we are not good enough, or that what we want to do will not be accepted by others.

I have been doing magic since I was ten, and I have learned countless magic tricks over the years but of all these tricks and illusions I have only shown very few to very few people. Usually when I would learn something new I would go to my mom and I would do these amazing effects, and every time my mom asked me to go show it to someone else who happened to be home, either family or guest, and every time I came up with excuses.
-I'm not ready
-Its not good enough
-I have to practice more
-I'm not good enough
-They probably wont like it
-I don't really know them
And many many more, you see I felt uncomfortable with the idea of performing either for strangers or of not being perfect. I missed the fact that performing was my practice, its what was going to make me better, being uncomfortable causes change.

I ask you to look into your life and find things you would like to try, perhaps you want to play an instrument, maybe you want to dance, or join a team in whatever sport you like, maybe you would like to sing, find what it is that you love. Go out and try it, yes you're probably not going the be the best when you're starting off, and yes there is a chance you will fail but guess what? If you don't try it,  if you don't decide to feel a little uncomfortable, you fail by default.

I hope this gives you something to think about, I hope it makes you try something you like, I hope you start living life in your own terms, and stop being comfortable and stop conforming with what you have, because conformity is the most common road to mediocrity. And I know that you were made for much more, so go out and get what you're worth. Be uncomfortable, and grow into the best version of yourself.

Thanks for reading.



This is just one of the episodes of The Loko Magic Show in which I attempt to read your mind check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment